Sunday, January 18, 2009

HAPPINESS!!!!

So it has finally happened! 
I AM ENGAGED!!!! 
As you can see, I am very excited!!!!!
I am engaged to an amazing man named Brian Mears 
and we are getting hitched in May! 

How did it all happen??????
Brian and I have a funny story.  We were set up on a blind date about 4 years ago.  As you can tell it didn't go so well and we didn't go out again.  Then my dear friend Amy Brown really wanted us to go out again.  She was very persistent and got us to go for round two.  So in October we started dating and it all has unfolded from there! 

The Engagement!!!!  
I think his "plan" went out the door when he arrived to my house at 1 pm to find me asleep.  It took him a good 5-10 minutes to get me to the door.  I have to say, I worked the night before and was slightly tired.  He brought me my favorite flowers- gerber daisies which was so sweet!   So then he had to wait for me to get ready and then I was trying to get us out the door.  I had even opened the front door and he started talking and saying some really sweet things... so I then I started to pay attention.  He got down on one knee..... it was very tender!!!  


THE RING!!!!!

12 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

WOW! Look at that *bling* *bling*! HOW EXCITING! I am sooooo happy happy happy for you! I look forward to changing your link on the blog from Melissa to Brian & Melissa! WA HOO for you!

Tricia said...

Congratulations Melissa. I was with Stacey when she got your text and we couldn't be happier for you. Can't wait for May!

Jody said...

YEAH!!! I cannot tell you how happy I am for you both! He definitely is one lucky man! He did well with choosing the ring, too...WOW! Thanks for the details. Love ya!

Leslie Holt said...

Hooray!!!! I am so SO super excited for you!!! Look how happy you are!!! I love it!! and your ring look so beautiful. I can't wait to meet him. I'm so excited for you! Being married is so much fun!!

Cindy said...

Yay! I am so excited for the two of you! The ring is beautiful!

Dan and Kira said...

WOW! I love it i love it! Yeah i am so excited for you!

Melissa M said...

YAY!! But you'll always be Linder to me:-)

Shannon and Family said...

I am so happy for you both! May the next few months go smoothly for you and I can't wait to see what you have planned for the big day!

sorensen formula said...

Wow! What a gorgeous ring. I am so happy for you! I guess second times the charm! We REALLY have to get celebrate now!

Unknown said...

WOOT! I am so excited for you! From what I can see Brain looks like a great guy, he will fit into the family perfectly!

jkmilligan said...

Congratulations and welcome to the family! Love the ring, by the way.

Joe and Elisa said...

Congratulations to the cute couple! We need to have a 6 south reunion...soon! I need to know more!